Friday, December 21, 2012

When you ask why.

   "A broken heart yearns for revelation rather than explanation.
    It is God we need, a sense of His presence."

   With these words, Pastor Daniel Johnson begins calling out to us, calling to us in our suffering. This book is passionate, first person, true.  This book speaks for itself. 

My father once told me that Christians never say goodbye for the last time. And Cindy says, “In heaven we’ll all live in the same town.” But until we get to the same town, we have this little problem: How do you say goodbye without hurting?
You don’t. You really don’t.

 He has been in the Valley of Grief, and is transparent about it


“Grief is something you live with,” Joe told me. “You see a little girl in a restaurant,(like the little daughter who went home to be with the LORD at five) hands reaching to the top of the counter, her nose pressed against the glass. Something about her hair, her height, the wistful look at an item in the counter — and the wound is raw again. It’s like an ambush.”

 Keep moving. Resist surrender. Avoid isolation. Face up to life. Somebody needs you. You’re not alone. You must live again, live fully again!

This is the message a grieving person needs! 
Grief is a normal response to an event which runs counter to what we think life should be. Doug Manning wrote, “Grieving is as natural as crying when you are hungry. . . . It is nature’s way of healing a broken heart.” 
So often we want to smother grief- do not do it. In our grief is when God gives His peace.

This is the peace of God. It is strikingly different from the world’s concept of peace. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).

He points us to Heaven - the realness of Heaven, the joy and lightness of heaven, where no good thing shall be lost. Our loved ones are working in Heaven- they are with the Lord! And they are breathing the dear, sweet air of heaven where all the work is joy! 


Your loved ones who died in Christ are with the Lord! Think of it! Can you imagine what it’s like? Think of the people they have seen: patriarchs and prophets, apostles and martyrs, loved ones and old friends. Let your imagination run wild. Little wonder the Apostle Paul said, “For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better (Phil. 1:23)." 

Your Loved ones are even working in Heaven! That is how real Heaven is!

 "It is work as free from care and toil and fatigue as is the wingstroke of the jubilant lark when it soars into the sunlight of a fresh, clear day and, spontaneously and for self-relief, pours out its thrilling carol. Work up there is a matter of self-relief, as well as a matter of obedience to the ruling will of God. It is work according to one’s tastes and delight and ability. If tastes vary there, if abilities vary there, then occupations will vary there."

How do we help others in grief? How do we comfort them? 

Be spiritually sensitive. The claims of Christ can be presented when the heart is tender.   
This book is passionate, pleading, tender. Looking death and pain in the face and looking to God and the Comfort God offers Now, and the complete Healing God will give in the very real place called Heaven. For if I go, said Jesus, I will return and Take you there.

                                               Dear friend, I will meet you — 
                                               in the morning — 
                                               just inside the Eastern Gate — 
                                               over there. 




You can find Daniel E. Johnson’s book, When You Ask Why, in digital format for $0.99 now through the end of January 2013. New Leaf Publishing Group’s mission is ink on paper to touch eternity and bring balance to the body of Christ. New Leaf prays that this book and Ken Ham’s How Could a Loving God? will minister the truth of God’s Word and His nature to the hearts and minds of Christians and skeptics alike.



2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Faith! This is beautiful sweetie! Thank you so much for sharing it! Thank you for visiting me and for your kind comment. I have missed you and your sister on Flickr! I am sorry to hear your are no longer there, due to your sister receiving unsavory people bothering her. That is awful! I am not sure if you know this, but you can block anyone on Flickr that causes you problems and they will not be able to see or comment on any of your photos. How wonderful you both still love dolls! I don't think we can ever be too old for them! I know your sister will love her Christmas gift. I hope you will share the doll dress she is making. The snow sounds wonderful too! I hope you will have a white Christmas. I loved reading the Hobbit as well. Unfortunately, the movie does make some changes from the book, but we still enjoyed it. I have not read Finding God in the Hobbit, but I would like to. Thank you for telling me about it.

    I wish you and your family a blessed Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus!!!

    Thank you again! Much love in Christ! Paula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! We will post pictures of the doll dresses, right now we are sewing pink doll jumpers, because I tried to make a pink jumper for my sister and it didn't fit, so it is becoming doll dresses! I pray that your family and my family will have a Blessed Christmas! Thank you so much for visiting and commenting! Love in Christ, Faith

      Delete