Thursday, January 24, 2013

A look at Life from a Deer stand.

   Steve Chapman's book reminds us of the Brevity of Life. The Bible says "You'll have 70 years, 80 if you're strong."
For avid hunters not a moment is wasted but we have to keep in mind what we might be doing in lieu of hunting.
This book also points out Who is responsible for  the creation of the magnificent creature, the White Tailed Deer.
This book is a quick read, friendly, with a good mix of Deer Hunt stories and what I could term ministry. I could recommend it to any and all hunters, for me it will be something to reflect upon next fall in my Deer Stand.
~ Kirk.
 I received my copy from Harvest House Publishers for my review.
A Look at Life from a Deer Stand - Steve Chapman
Steve Chapman


Steve Chapman is a Christian, Husband to Annie, Father, and avid hunter. He has written many books on marriage, family and hunting, including Stories from the Deer Stand, coming in April 2013.  He is also a singer of songs like "Follow the Blood", a beautiful song, listen to it below, and visit his website to learn more about him and his family's ministry.  Steve and Annie Chapman.com
                                                    





                                                         Follow The Blood
I watched the arrow as it flew
From the shelf upon my bow
I was sure its flight was true
When I saw the red stains in the snow
So I….
Follow the blood
That crimson sign
Follow that trail
I know I’ll find
Death that gives life
A gift from above
Sadness and joy
Follow the blood
I saw the drops of sorrow on the ground
Then at once it came to me
The hope of all mankind is found
On the way to Calvary
So I…
Follow the blood
That crimson sign
Follow that trail
I know I’ll find
 Death that gives life
A Gift from above
Sadness and joy
Follow the blood
Steve Chapman/Times & Seasons Music/BMI/2007
(From the CD, First Winds of Autumn)
Steve and Annie Chapman | Marriage & Family Books and Music

No comments:

Post a Comment