Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Red Ink.

I was shocked by this book.
Red Ink, Extreme Devotions Series #3   -     
        By: Kathi Macias
    
Not by the true horrors of the Chinese prisons and human rights violation's therein, which should shock and outrage us but by the presentation.I understood that this book would be harsh when I received it but I have read and heard about these harsh subjects before and read other books by the author, but I found this book shocking.The was too much information about teenage Maggie's immoral and promiscuous life and her immoral boy friend.Also there was entirely too much information about perverse sexuality in both the prison and Maggie's life I believe that because these was part of both these characters lives it deserved to be told however it could have been told instead of described.I was unable to finish this novel, and honestly wanted to steam clean my brain when I put it down.I fear that this novel will be a stumbling block to unsuspecting readers who wish to read about Christian persecution and instead will find unnecessary content that could have been left out.I pray my review will not offend anyone, I don't want to offend anyone, but I do want to not put any stumbling block in front of myself or anyone else, please understand that I love the author, she is a sister in Christ! I truly wish no other people will read this while looking for a book about a much needed subject.

                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment