Monday, May 13, 2013

An Interview with Dianna T. Benson



Hello Readers!
Today we are featuring an author interview with Dianna T. Benson, whose book The Hidden Son released from Ellechor Publishing House March 1, 2013. The Hidden Son is the first book in the Cayman Islands Trilogy, and my review of this intriguing book is HERE. 



Thank you for being with us today, Dianna! 
1) I want to start by saying that I have never read anything about the Cayman Islands, and I was captivated by the way you described this place. The islands sound exotic and beautiful...the perfect setting for a series of Suspense/Adventure books. You must really love this place. Do you visit the Cayman Islands often? 

I’ve spent several summers on Grand Cayman Island and I’ve traveled to the island for many week-long vacations as well as a destination port on several cruises.


2) I would love to ask what part of The Hidden Son's story came to your mind first: The setting, the plot or the characters? Or all three? 

All three. I’m a scuba diver, so the opening scene just came to me: A murder deep under the ocean surface, and a poisoned scuba cylinder meant to kill a female US DEA agent in order to silence her. 



3) After you realized that this story was begging to be written, did you put fingers to keyboard right away, or did you work on it in your imagination for a long time? 

Soon after the opening scene popped in my mind, I wrote it down. I’m a panster, not a plotter, so from there the story just flowed out of me.


4) Lelisa and Alec are characters I would call "complicated"- in a very good way, they surprised me and they delighted me. 
Can you describe Lelisa in five words? 
How about Alec? 

Lelisa: Compassionate, independent, dedicated, reserved and cautious
Alec: Spiritual, passionate, loyal, hard-working and trustworthy.

Good choices! That is how they came across to me!

 5) I see you have nine novel plots outlined on your website, to be published by Ellechor Publishing over the next few years. That is so cool!  Can you tell us a little about the journey to taking this book contract? 

For thirteen weeks I had a pending contract offer from one of the largest traditional publishing houses, but when their business team decided they couldn’t sign on another suspense author, Ellechor Publishing House contacted me and requested a submission of my 2011 Genesis Winner, Illusion of Safety. They offered me a nine-book contract, three trilogies.    


 6) I read the plot outlines for these novels and they are fascinating. I wanted to go make space on my shelf for all nine books. ;-) 
 You have a lot of stories in your head! What stage is your next novel in now? 

I’ve already delivered (turned in) Final Trimester to my publisher. This is the first book in my second trilogy and will release November 2014.

I’m more than half finished writing Persephone’s Fugitive, the second book in the Cayman Islands trilogy. This book will release July 2014.

I am really looking forward to reading those books!
Dianna, this was great to get to ask these questions about The Hidden Son and to hear about what you are working on now! Thank you so much for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment