Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Jennifer, An O'Malley Love Story... my first meeting with the O'Malley family.





    Jennifer is the prequel to the O'Malley books, the previously unpublished tale of what went on in the youngest O'Malley's life right before the official series began.

I have heard much about the O'Malley family, enough to know that the seven books about them are my Birthday Book List for this year. I had decided on that before reading any of them, and so I was absolutely delighted to have the chance to read and review Jennifer from Bethany House's blog review program. Now I will have begun in the proper order, with the very first story.
And I can say that my first meeting with the O'Malley's will not be my last.

What a wonderful book this is! I understand that the other O'Malley books are all a few hundred pages in length and suspense with romance whereas this book is only 154 pages long with no crime mystery, but that in no way makes this less of an O'Malley novel.
Jennifer is a portion of the O'Malley saga, and their full story would be incomplete without it.

The back cover copy really has it right for this book: This is a story of Love, Divine and human. Jennifer is falling in love with Tom and with Jesus, and both loves are shown in a way that is so real.

In fact, from what I have heard "real" is the way to describe all of Dee Henderson's stories... real men and real women coming to know a real God whose Son Jesus really died for us and really cares about us.
I am so blessed when I meet a book like that. Here's to the O'Malley saga!

Dee's website... stop by and maybe write her a little note?

Award-winning novelist Dee Henderson excels at creating believable, challenging characters. Dee is the author of several series, including the Uncommon Heroes series and the O'Malley series of romantic suspense novels. Her books have won a host of awards, including the prestigious RITA Award, Bookseller's Best Award, and National Reader's Choice Award. True Honor is a finalist for the 2003 ECPA Gold Medallion Award for Fiction, The Truth Seeker and The Protector were finalists for the 2002 ECPA Gold Medallion Award for Fiction, The Guardian won the 2002 Christy Award, Romance category.

2 comments:

  1. Faith, I'm so glad you've discovered the O'Malleys! You will definitely love the rest of the series. It won't be a wasted birthday list, that's for sure!

    My sister got me into them, and I've spread the word, and they've done the same. This is seriously one of my favorite series of books.

    Thanks for your great review of them. It's always fun to connect with other Dee Henderson fans.

    Blessings,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the entire series before reading about Jennifer and Tom and I loved all of them. An unconvential family but one that loved unconditionally.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete