Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Trapped.

Trapped (Private Justice, #2)

If I could only pick one word to describe Irene Hannon's latest book, 
I would use "Interesting!" 
(May I have that exclamation point and count it as part of the word?
It needs the exclamation point to convey just how much I mean it!)

I love mysteries, and I have had a spot in my heart for the Private Investigator ever since I met Mark Mynheir's Ray Quinn and his sidekick Crevis Creighton. 
It was great to meet Cal, Connor and Dev, the three men behind Justice, Inc 
and the PI protagonists of Trapped.
Justice, Inc. is a really great character all in and of itself.
The three men and their office manager, Nikki all have intense, believable personalities. They can tackle the toughest cases because they stick together like brothers. 

Dev is our leading man, a PI who, (oddly!) doesn't typically dance on the fringes of the law or go all Lone Ranger.
Food for Though: It must be hard sometimes, as a PI or police officer, when you get the feeling that there's something bad going on behind a closed door, it must be hard not to be able to bust through that door and get to the bottom of it. Sometimes the laws that protect good citizens also temporarily aid the criminals, yet PI's and police officers must abide by those laws- so Dev does... most of the time.
Dev's back-round as an ATF agent has left him with lots of stories, most of which he doesn't want to tell, because along with those stories came scars.

He never would have imagined that a quiet, rather formal librarian with a runaway half-sister would be the woman to draw those stories out of him.
And she never imagined that she'd tell him her stories either, yet that is what Laura finds herself doing. Not only is she trusting Dev with sixteen-year-old Darcy's fate, she wants to trust him with her heart.

And they both need to trust God, because Darcy has completely disappeared.
The numerous fates this runaway child could encounter are nothing Laura or Dev even want to contemplate, but they know they are racing against time to rescue her.

Thank you Revell for sending me my copy of this book!


*Available August 2013 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group*


Irenepic
   
If you’re looking for edge-of-the-seat suspense or tender, heartwarming romance—without gratuitous violence, explicit love scenes or vulgar language—you’re in the right place! My books have been called clean, compelling fiction, and that sums up my style nicely.
In bookstores, you’ll find my novels in the Christian fiction section. To be honest, when I started my career as a novelist 40+ books ago, I never set out to be a “Christian fiction” writer. I’m not big on labels, which can be limiting. Plus, my faith content is on the subtle side. But as I discovered, Christian fiction not only meshed with my worldview, it is home to a rich and diverse spectrum of thought-provoking, uplifting and entertaining novels. I feel right at home there. I hope you will, too!
So what will you find in my tales of suspense and romance? Characters who are dealing with formidable challenges. Diverse settings, from a sun-kissed lane on Nantucket to a deserted railroad bridge high above a raging river. Touches of humor—because how would we survive without the ability to laugh and smile despite the adversities we face? And most of all, hope-filled endings. We live in a difficult age, but people of honor, principle, character and integrity do exist. You’ll meet them in my books. And I hope they’ll convince you that happy endings are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment