Thursday, October 10, 2013

*Heart Failure*

Heart Failure

I love Dr. Richard Mabry's books.  They are a real treat: enjoyable all the way through each moment of fast paced mysterious adventure. When I'm reading one of his books, I just can't guess what's coming next!

My acquaintance with Dr. Mabry's books began March of 2013 with Stress Test. I knew I would love that book from the moment I encountered the line: "Let's get him in the trunk."

Heart Failure had me from this line: "To begin with, Adam Davidson isn't my real name.... My real name is Keith Branson. I'm on the run. If the wrong people find me, I'm a dead man."

Wow, what a hook to pull you in! Those words were spoken by our main male character to his fiancee, moments after they were nearly killed in a drive-by shooting as they left a the movies after a date.
The lovely Spring dusk that had been so peaceful was shattered by fear, and then their evening was filled with revelation.
Carrie apparently did *not* know all there was to know about the man she loved. Adam, really Keith, was fleeing from the Witness Security Program. All he had wanted was to live a real life, free from both pursuers and protectors... but now he may have endangered the woman who holds his heart.

If you haven't read Stress Test, you can start with Heart Failure.
If you have read Stress Test, then you know why you have to read Heart Failure.

What makes these books so good?
The interpersonal relationships are painted in full color; there is just the right amount of romance; the suspense level is high... I just can't say enough about these stories!

Thank you Booksneeze for sending me my copy of Heart Failure to review.




Dr. Richard Mabry is a retired physician, past Vice-President of the American Christian Fiction Writers, and the author of five published novels of medical suspense. His books have been finalists in competitions including ACFW’s Carol Award and Romantic Times’ Inspirational Book of the Year. His novel, Lethal Remedy, won a 2012 Selah Award from the Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference. His most recent medical thriller, Stress Test (Thomas Nelson), was released in April of this year, and will be followed by Heart Failure in October.
Richard’s non-fiction book, The Tender Scar: Life After The Death Of A Spouse (Kregel Publishers), has ministered to multiple thousands of grieving individuals.


 His meditations and short pieces have appeared in The Upper Room, In Touch, and several other periodicals.
When Richard is not writing, he spends his time reading, working fruitlessly to improve his golf game, and defending his title as the world’s best Granddad. He and his wife live in north Texas and are active members of Stonebriar Community Church, pastored by Dr. Chuck Swindoll.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great book. I was doing research on treatments for heart failure when I came across your post. I am so glad I did because I have been looking for a new book to read. That opening sentence is a great way to pull people in. I have to know what happens, thanks so much for sharing. I will let you know what I think of the book when I finish!

    ReplyDelete