Wednesday, November 6, 2013

*To Know You*

To Know You


When I began To Know You, I was intrigued by the idea that the authors would take their experiences as writers and from counseling women on wholesome relationships and holy, healthy sexuality, and write these themes into a story.

And what a story it is! Julia's fierce mother-love for her dying son Dillon drives her to take a journey
that will leave her looking into the present face of what had been her past.
Julia is going to seek out her first two children: her daughters Destiny and Hope. All she was able to give them were their names, and Hope's name had been changed to Chloe.

Julia is in search of a willing Type O donor, someone willing to give a lobe of their liver to Dillon and save his life by doing so.

What she finds will literally change them all forever.

And I hope that reading To Know You changed me a little bit.
There is so much good in this story!

I felt like I was part of their world. I absorbed their struggles as I read,  I held my breath as they navigated the darkness and confusion, and I felt like I was with them, waiting together for the light to break through.

And by the end, I loved these people.
They learn so much,
They grow so much,
They draw near to the heart of God.

And the ending is most incredibly Grace-drenched!

Thank you to Shannon and Kathryn and Litfuse for my copy of To Know You!


Shannon Ethridge Shannon is a million-copy best-selling author, speaker, lay counselor, and advocate for healthy sexuality with a master’s degree in counseling/human relations from Liberty University. She has spoken to youth, college students, and adults since 1989 and her passions include:

* Challenging adults and teens to embrace a life of sexual integrity
* Encouraging married couples in their pursuit of sexual fulfillment
* Counseling women who have looked for love in all the wrong places
* Equipping parents to instill sexual values in children at an early age

Her passion for healthy sexuality was ignited as a result of her own painful experiences. After being sexually abused by uncles during puberty and surviving many painful years as a promiscuous teenager, Shannon sought to overcome her past and become the faithful wife she desperately wanted to be. Six months of individual and group counseling gave Shannon the confidence to declare her graduation from the school of hard knocks, and she began speaking boldly and bluntly about the benefits of sexual integrity and sexual intimacy within marriage. She has since taught and counseled thousands of teens, single adults, and married couples over the past decade. 



No comments:

Post a Comment