Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Big Book Of Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes

The Big Book of Laugh-Out-Loud Jokes for Kids: A 3-In-1 Collection



I'm a bit of a joke book collector/connoisseur.
I have the Reader's Digest America The Beautiful book which is full of humorous and witty stories,
I have the Reader's Digest Quotable Quotes book, I have a few kid's joke collections, and I have my favorite of all time The Elephant Joke Book.
{Truly brilliant, the Elephant Joke Book is.}
So I was happy to ask for this book from Revell, because I need some new material.

This 181 page long book is stocked with one-liners and knock-knocks... the kind that you can actually enjoy hearing your kids repeat. I snickered and smiled as I read.
Here, for your laughing pleasure, are a few of my favorites.

"Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floor? It was just a stage he was going through."
"What should you do when you're in a jam? Grab some bread and peanut butter."
"Who earns their living driving customers away? A taxi service!"

The Tongue-Twisters, Things-to-Think-About, and Did-You-Knows break up the jokes very nicely, and are also fun to memorize and repeat.
Say this fast: Six slimy snails sailed silently.

Here's a question for you: Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?
And: If a fly didn't have wings, would we call it a walk?

Yep... if you have been blessed with a stand-up comedian in the form of a kid ages seven to twelve, then this one's worth looking into.

You'll soon be regaled with jokes like this one:
"How do you keep someone in suspense?
I'll tell you later. "

So thank you Revell, for my review copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment