Sunday, May 25, 2014

Here to Stay...


Here to Stay (Where Love Begins #2)


In 2013, I was blessed to be an influencer for Made to Last, Melissa Tagg's debut novel. 
In April 2014, I was surprised and excited to get a copy of Here to Stay.

I had a few other books due first, so I set Melissa's latest novel on the shelf.... until I saw a friend's Goodreads status. (Waving at you, Andrea!) She said that it was making her laugh until her stomach hurt. Now *that's* a recommendation I can't ignore.

So... I picked up Here to Stay... and my friend was right!
I did laugh out loud. I did say "Oh, my word!" compulsively while reading several hilarious scenes. 
I did turn pages really quickly, captivated by life around Kingsley Inn. I did love watching the characters grow.

This is Blaze -er, Blake- Hunziker's story. You'll remember him if you read Made to Last. He is the guy that, frankly, I wish Miranda had married. :) He was that comic, and than kindhearted. In a way, Blake did marry her, but that was all a media stunt that you'll have to read about for yourself.
There's no way I can explain it adequately. 

Suffice it to say that the least of Blaze's worries was his fake celebrity marriage. He's got real problems waiting for him in his hometown, and it's time to confront the past. Time to come back to Whisper Shore, to his family. He's returning to his role as "the leftover son," the one who's never been sure of his place in life. This time it's going to be different. He's going to confront the heartache and make this place his settle-down, forever Home. 

And he's going to run right smack into Autumn Kingsley.
Autumn knows Whisper Shore. She knows its charm and its flaws. She loves Kingsley Inn, too, but she's drawn to Paris- a fresh start, a beautiful place, a job she know's she'll enjoy. All she's got to do is tie up a few loose ends and she's free to go, leaving Kingsley Inn in good hands. 

Of course... it ain't that easy. Now with Blaze back in town. Between his sincere desire to help her, his enthusiasm for all things fun, his adventuresome spirit that nothing can tamp down, and his penchant for setting fires... Autumn just can't avoid him.

This is a fantastic romantic comedy that also carries some serious meanings. I love the inner dialogue that Blake and Autumn are both carrying on, and it was so cool to see them finding their way through life. 

This story reminds me of the quote: "We're all just walking each other home," by Ram Dass.






Melissa TaggMelissa Tagg is a former reporter turned author who loves all things funny and romancey. Her debut novel, a romantic comedy titled Made to Last, released from Bethany House in September 2013. Her second book, Here to Stay, releases May 2014. In addition to her nonprofit day job, she is also the marketing/events coordinator for My Book Therapy, a craft and coaching community for writers founded by award-winning author Susan May Warren.

During her reporting days, Melissa interviewed presidential candidates and llama farmers, rode a hot air balloon and flew a plane, and once found herself face to face with a buffalo. But today she gets her kicks by letting her characters have their own fun. She's passionate about humor, grace and happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment