Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Evergreen Susan May Warren


Evergreen: A Christiansen Winter Novella (Christiansen Family)



And when the storms came through, they found me and you
Back to back together.
Oh, how the years go by,
And oh how the love brings tears to my eyes.
All through the changes the soul never dies
We fight, we laugh, we cry,
As the years go by~
Amy Grant

This song sums up my feelings for John and Ingrid Christiansen. In each of the Christiansen kids' books- Darek's and Eden's and Grace's- their mother and father have been wise, loving, steady presences. It is great to meet them as a couple in Evergreen. 

This Christmas novella raises the question: When the childhood years are over, and the teenage years are completed, and your sons and daughters are men and women, what is left for you?  

When a Christmas with an empty nest looms ahead of Ingrid, and her family is broken in places where she wants so bad to mend it, and she's left to rediscover her husband John as a person again... will she find a sign of hope that is Evergreen? 

This novella was the just the right length to be a satisfying, self-contained story. 

Thank you Tyndale for my review copy!

Susan May Warren

I can't help be amazed at the gifts God has delighted me with - a wonderful husband, four amazing children, and the opportunity to write for Him.

I've been writing as long as I can remember - I won my first book writing contest in first grade! Over the years, writing has become, for me, a way to praise God and see Him at work in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment