Thursday, August 14, 2014

If I had lunch with C. S Lewis...



If I Had Lunch with C. S. Lewis: Exploring the Ideas of C. S. Lewis on the Meaning of Life

Alister McGrath's book entitled "If I Had Lunch With C. S Lewis" is a great gift for all the aficionados of this 20th century Christian apologist. 
It could also serve as a catalyst to prod someone who has no idea of who this man was into taking a look for themselves. 

What I still find most intriguing was that C. S was a WWI Infantryman, who had every reason to be an atheist after witnessing "man's inhumanity to man." His own intelligence, his thoughts, his reason, his learning, and his reading all led him to just the opposite.

If you're a non-believer, or a not-always-thoroughly-convinced-believer, take a look at this book by Alister McGrath. The author will lead you to his well-known subject, and also to Someone more wild and awesome than them both. 

I Thank Tyndale's Summer Reading Program for my copy of this book.

Ps... C. S Lewis wrote plenty of books. I myself want to procure a copy of Mere Christianity and do a much more thorough reading of it than I did with my library copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment