Thursday, September 4, 2014

Love Letters From God~




Finally, a Bible story book with objectively lovely illustrations and text that focuses solely on God's love His children!

Love Letters from God is a wonderful gift of a book. As soon as I saw the premise- a love letter with a Bible story- I knew I wanted to have this book in my hands.  

Glenys Nellist has re-written almost 20 Bible stories using words and phrases that will capture the imagination and convey the character's feelings to a child. I love the titles she chose. There's "The Tiny Tax Collector" - we know he's the one who climbed the tree! "The Little Boy Who Listened" - Samuel, who falls asleep confident that God knows his name! 

She takes us from the very beginning in Genesis to Joseph's bravery and David's trust in a big, strong God. Then she takes us to Jesus, born in Bethlehem, and to the one lost sheep that the Shepherd treasured, and to Communion, when Jesus said "Remember me."  

And every story on it's two page spread is illustrated all over the page. I don't know how to describe it, but the illustrations include fabric and buttons and paintings and sketches and leaves and coins and tissue paper and flowers. And it's like a collage on each page, especially because you have a lift the flap letter, where God assures the child of His love, care, presence, and protection. 
Sophie Allsopp did an incredible job with the artwork. 

What a lovely way to talk about Jesus and His Abba. We all need to take the Love Letters here to heart. Our God will never leave us. Knows us fully. Loves us dearly. Stays with us always. 

I can't wait to use this book with children, and to give it as a gift. 

 Thank you Zonderkids and Booklook for my review copy. This one's going on my children's shelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment