Saturday, February 14, 2015

I Choose You Today~

I Choose You Today: 31 Choices to Make Love Last


We choose our spouses. 
We choose to pursue them, respond to them, and delight in them. 
We choose to be faithful and honest with them, to remain open and true. 
Then we marry them.
And too often, we forget to choose them any more. 

{I ain't married, but I know this is true because I forget to intentionally love/choose my people too.}

Deb DeArmond makes the case that Love is nourished, protected, and preserved by choosing the same spouse over and over again, daily. 

In this book, she sketches 31 areas of choice, each one connected to the others. 
I choose you, and so I choose to.... love, bless, honor, and trust you. 
To support, forgive, serve, and celebrate you. 
To adapt with you, laugh with you, and commit to you. 
To pray for you, comfort you, and share your burdens. 

Deb describes each choice, its significance in shaping a marriage, and then practical ways to make that choice. 
She shares many vignettes from her nearly forty years of marriage, and includes a whole selection of good quotes. 

We need reminder far more than we need new revelation, and this book is a gentle and plain-speaking reminder. 
All these concepts will feel too simple at first- "Don't you have anything more powerful?"- but if I want a strong and gracious relationship, these 31 choices seem like the necessary lifeblood to me. 

I'll be adding this to my "Marriage and Relationship" shelf. 

Thank you to Deb DeArmond and to Litfuse Publicity for my review copy. 



biopic 6

Deb is wife to her high school sweetheart, Ron, who showed her the path to become a Christ follower 38 years ago. Mom to three incredible sons. Gigi to five perfect grandboys. But Jesus is her favorite, and the guys have learned to live with it. She is a transplanted Californian who has been a proud Texan for 9 years and she loves the Lone Star state!
Deb is optimistically mid-life and excited to experience what comes next and what God has for her now. She longs to see women find their passion and place in the body of Christ, show up and finish strong. One of Deb’s favorite quotes comes from author Agatha Christie, who said, “I have enjoyed greatly the second blooming… suddenly you find – at the age of 50, say – that a whole new life has opened before you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment