Thursday, February 12, 2015

#ThursdayThoughts Feb. 12th 2015





 If you're reading this, Valentine's Day is two days away.
And that means it's probably gotten a little too close for comfort. 

Frankly, the romantic/Pinterest version of Valentine's is a poke in the eye for 90% of people.

Let's reclaim this February day. 
Let's revel in all the different kinds of Love that are so present around us. 
The love of little cousins- for who loves more fiercely than a child?  

 The love of old widowed Grandfathers facing their first February 14th 
without a Valentine- since 1958. 

The love of all the people who are gone from us and yet are loving us now more than ever.

The love of- and our love for- those most familiar faces we see every day,
the ones whose love has no novelty and no fanfare, just a steadiness and grace. 

So if you have some special people to love today- and I bet you do- then do it boldly. 
Do it delightfully. 







Love is anterior to life,
Posterior to death,
Initial of creation, and
The exponent of breath.
~Emily Dickinson





Stop worrying about doing something GREAT. Focus on doing what is right in front of you - with GREAT LOVE. A quick read & a #freeprintable!

Do small things with great love. 
~Mother Theresa



When this cruel world tears us apart
Your love is like a river flowing from my heart
When sharpened words have left their scars
Your love is like a river flowing from my heart
And it's overflowing, and showing us all
How deep and how wide is Your love
It never stops, it rages on
Your love is like a river flowing from my heart

When I am tired and so afraid
Your love is like a fire that will light my way.
When darkness comes and my vision fades
Your love is like a fire that will light my way
And it's always burning, and stirring my soul
To know You and love You much more
It never stops or ever fades
Your love is like a fire that will light my way

When all my strength and hope is gone
Your love is like a rock that I am standing on


~Third Day's Your Love is Like a River



No comments:

Post a Comment