Monday, March 30, 2015

Tracie Peterson's Steadfast Heart~

Steadfast Heart (Brides of Seattle, #1)



Tracie Peterson writes historical novels that combine detail with grand scope. 
In this case, the details surround two young ladies- Lenore and Abrianna- and the grand scope is the matrimonial environment of the late 1880's. 

If you've read her books before, you've probably been eagerly anticipating a new series. A Steadfast Heart starts off the Brides of Seattle saga. 

This story contrasts the wealth and opulence of Seattle's Upper Crust with the poverty of the alleys and docks. Lenore must decide whether to live a blind life of privilege, or a whether to move through the world with clear-eyes and out-stretched hands. 

Of course, the man she marries with have much to do with the shape of her future. Will Lenore sacrifice her principles and marry an economically and socially "suitable match," or will she keep a steadfast heart and look first for a man of quality?

I must say that Abrianna was my favorite character- solidly commonsense and extremely dedicated to her humanitarian work. However, we readers can tell that she's shutting herself off from love, and I hope the next book will show her opening her heart. 

I'm going to be passing my copy along to a friend who adores Tracie's books... I'm sure she'll have found a new favorite. 

I thank Bethany House for providing me with a review copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment