Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Facing the Blitz~

Facing the Blitz: Three Strategies for Turning Trials Into Triumphs




{Thank you to Kirk Farrell for the review.}

In the 60's, 70's, 80's, I was much more of a professional sports aficionado than I am now. It was Bill Russell's Celtics, followed by Bird, Parish and Michale. The Pittsburg Steelers and now to a lesser extent the New England Patriots. 

I knew of Jack Kemp, a quarterback, politician, and head of government housing and urban development. The author of Facing the Blitz, Jeff Kemp? Nope, never heard of him. 

This book has enough about sports and Jeff's own professional career to tickle the interests of died in the wool zealots or casual observers like me. 
However his message, his book, has more to do with Christian faith than it does with sports.  His breakdown on pages 95, 96, and 97 are worth the price and time it would take to read the book. 

Jeff Kemp breaks it down to two mindsets: What can I get? vs What can I give? Will I be a consumer in life, or an investor? 
Me, I've been both. Shamefully often a consumer, occasionally an investor. 

Go and get this book. It's a touchdown. For an extra point I'm going to re-read it. 

Thank you Bethany House for providing me with a review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment