Monday, May 23, 2016

Hairstyled~




Hairstyled: 75 Ways to Braid, Pin & Accessorize Your Hair



Whether your hair is long or short, thick or thin, straight or curly, and whether you favor elegance or simplicity, there is a style in this book for you. 

If you're ready to freshen up your look and make the most of your hair, then Anne Thoumieux will be a good advisor. Each style has step by step instructions and accompanying photographs, and the "difficulty level" is listed for all of them so you can start with easy ones and work up. 

Anne covers all the basics, outlining several types of braids, various updos and buns, and multiple creative uses for headbands and scarves. She gives curly hair a section all to itself, and another one for medium length hair. She even has a selection of short hair styles, showing how much variety you can achieve with a basic pixie cut. 

So, what will I be trying? Mostly the variations on my basic theme: a braid. I like the braided crown, and the fishbone braid. I've always admired buns and French twists, yet my straight hair seems too slippery to stay in an updo. Maybe some of Anne's tips and tricks for adding texture and then holding it all in place would help? 

I know one thing for sure- this basic stylist book could inspire little changes here and there that revitalize your whole look. Be bold, try something new, and surprise yourself. :-) 

I thank Blogging for Books for providing me with a review copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment